At 18:03 -0400 06/12/2002, DrEvil wrote:

>Is there a way to allow a user to drag-select text within a text box to
>highlight it so it can be copied and stuff?

In a #text member you can get the selectedText, slap that into a
variable, and then use the variable however it tickleth thy ribcage.

>I need to know how I can set up a text field or member so that when the
>user types something in it (editable), it wont go to a new line when
>they hit enter, but just stay there at the end of the current line.

   on keyDown me
     if the key = RETURN or the key = ENTER then
       stopEvent
     else
       pass
     end if
   END keyDown

One of the chapters in my book deals with keyboard events and such,
as it happens.

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting