uh. just throwing this out there since it seems there isn't a flood of ideas
already coming in...perhaps you could grab the source of mozilla and try to
find the code for mailto: and comment it out...wow...that would probably be
a lot of effort that wouldn't necessarily work for all cases...another
option might be to skin up a new version of the netscape browser so it looks
even more artsy fartsy than it already does...but that doesn't really solve
functionality stuff like your mailto example...another option may be to do
the skinning in conjunction w/ something like a sub program using masterApp,
and when you know the user is surfing w/ the skinned browser, check the
active program list (dunno if this functionality works w/ macs or even if
masterApp is x-platform) every second and whack anything you don't want
running (that isn't planned to be running)...that would be fun too...let's
see....what else can come out of this nicotine induced brainstorm....well my
idleness answers nothing more....so ...yeah, good luck - let me know if you
come up w/ anything good....

evan