Howdy-Tzi wrote

> At 09:38 +0200 07/12/2002, séb wrote:
>
>> Does the #timeStamp property of the messages sent by the shockwave multiuser
>> server also warp down to negative values?
>
> Good question! Any way you can get it to send a float? If so, the
> issue isn't. ;)
>
> BTW, good on you, Luke, for the systemDate.seconds thing -- of course
> (whine whine) a (l)user could reset the clock between events. ;)

For a MUS server I run, a server side script is managing a bunch of Flash
movies which get 'broadcast' to a shockwave chatroom according to a time
frame (see www.melbournefilmfestival.com.au, if you are interested). The
server shouldn't be restarted at any point, so the milliseconds will
overflow. I've been using (the systemDate).seconds on the server without any
problems (I don't need millisecond accuracy). I haven't noticed what happens
to the #timeStamp property, but I'll keep an eye on the #timeStamp over the
next few days and let you know what happens

Luke

|  Mecca Medialight | http://www.meccamedialight.com.au/       |
|  Lingo Resources  | http://www.lingoworkshop.com/            |