On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:59:29 +0000 mike cash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, unfortunately, bug was NOT the problem.
> Bug is fixed, checked on both kiosks this a.m.
> and both machines were powered down!
> AARRRGGGHHH!

There was something similar a few months ago--remarkably similar. The solution
was to have somebody sit and watch the kiosk. It turned out that the janitors
were powering down the computer (maybe unplugging it), then rebooting so they
could play solitaire.

Is it possible there is some screwy human-intervention think going on here?
Office Despot in Burbank had to put some security software on their Windows
machines because somebody (certainly not me ;-) was setting their screen
savers to instant on, and a banner that said "Buy a Macintosh!" Oh, yes, they
were password protected, too.

I'd suggest you go sit in the airport (or wherever your kiosk is) overnight.
Bring lots of coffee.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson