Heike,

I'm not sure I understand the problem... Weren't the MP3s already
imported on the Win side when you ported the project to Mac?

In D8.0 i Drag & dropped an MP3 on the castLib and made a sprite with
this behavior:

on mouseDown me
   puppetSound 3, member("Shaggy - Oh Carolina")
end

It works, both in Author & Runtime.

I uploaded a file type changing utility that makes iTunes MP3 out of
any MP3. Try to convert MP3 and see if it works better:

http://bokning.konstfack.se/gdi/andreas/lingoL/Make_iTunes.sit

-A.