I am experiencing severe trouble when attempting to import W3D files
to a shockwave on-the-fly from a URL.

This code works excellently:

   fresh3dMem = new(#shockwave3d)
   fresh3dMem.loadFile(the moviePath & "scene.W3D", FALSE, TRUE)

But this does not:

   fresh3dMem = new(#shockwave3d)
   fresh3dMem.loadFile("http://etc.etc.etc/scene.W3D";, FALSE, TRUE)

even if I have done a preloadNetThing on the W3D file. Same procedure
with a jpg instead of W3D works well (of course).

Please note: The W3D files are not linked as members, but should
rather be loaded from a (Internet) directory, containing an arbitrary
number of W3Ds.

I've tried loadFile(), setting the fileName and importFileInto()...
The best thing I can get is Error 2147221484.

Any suggestions most appreciated!

-A.