but can't you do the same contrived goofiness with me.spritenum?

And why are you bothering to set spriteNum to me.spriteNum....that's
already given to you by the act of property spriteNum.

I admit that this is 95% preference....though I don't understand why people
demand to have two different properties on a behavior to get the spriteNum
or always use me.spriteNum which I believe has been shown to be slower.

I always default to

property spriteNum

on whatever
   thisAttrib = sprite(spriteNum).whatever
end

etc.

You don't need to tell the behavior that spriteNum = me.spriteNum...that's
given by the act of declaring property spriteNum.

The only time I specifically use me.spriteNum is when a particular behavior
is known to be something that will be inherited...because as an ancestor,
it won't have that property spriteNum.  So, I can understand 'preparing for
inheritance' and defaulting to me.spriteNum, but I've used that so seldom,
that I don't bother.

roymeo