At 4:44 PM +0200 9/10/02, you wrote:
>A word of warning: I haven't used cuepoints in video, but I sure
>have in audio (.aif). I have also used the movieTime to sync stuff
>with video. From my expercience, using movieTime is more tight than
>using cuepoints.
>
>For my sharp projects, I've mainly used quickTime movies on a Mac.
>
>I did some comparisons using an audio-only QT, with cuepoints. I
>found the movieTime to be more tight than isPassedCuePoint() or
>whatever.

The overall accuracy depends what one is DOING with the timing
points, and the available time scaling underneath.

If you are jumping to them, then setting the movieTime vs. using a
cuePointTime to set the currentTime should be roughly the same.

As for responding to a particular time going by ...

isPassedCuePoint() was never intended for precision.
- it's a crude boolean that says you are passed a point.
Since you do the polling, you set the accuracy (& pay a the potential
performance impact for high accuracy = frequent polling)

Polling the movieTime & responding should be similar.

Using an 'on cuePassed' handler is the best way to respond to cue points.
It fires as the cues occur, and doesn't require polling.

hth

-Buzz