>Wow, till this I didn't realize you were in the Netherlands. I was
thinking France.
well ...make a mix of it, i'am a french guy, but i do live in the Dutch
mountains, that's why you might have encounter some weird english coming
from me... i do often mix the 3 languages, words or grammar are so
different... and when you talk/read/write the 3 all day long, even the
strongest coffee cannot prevent those mistakes...

Back to that OSX/classic/native thing...
 >If a CD is mounted and ready to play, how can its drawer be open?
no no, again a case of bad formulated english...
i gave you a few cases has you asked for,
i mean that on classic mode, using for example CDpro Xtra, the check on
draw open, or if a cd is ready to play or if a cd is mounted.
No all at same time of course... give me the credit of a minimum of
logic...

I run on 10.1.5. (might be 10.2 by the end of the week) and on 9.2.2
classic

About the print res.. try the printform lingo and you'll see.... thats
why i've asked this week on the list some advice on PoM lingo....
i think the problem will go away since PoM allows res setting, using
something like doc(0,0,72,72). This problem is so far i'am concern,
solved.
Its a question of spending a few moments on a new script with the PoM
help files.

I found out there was a problem, because i use a rip server to print and
the Epson isn't supported under 9.2.2
so all my print tests need to be done under classic, because OSX seams
to share the rip with classic with no problems but the resolution if not
defined. Otherwize i never came across this, i think.  It pure chance
(or not!!)

 >uiHelper
yeah! thats a smart one!!!, i've explore some other way, i was first
scanning the maindirectories of mounted volume to see if some OSX files
were there, like "D.store"files  for example, and indeed found some, ask
the user to answer if it was Classic or Native. But so far couldn't find
something fundamentally different to define if the app was running under
Classic or not.
I didn't get to me to check a running app that runs only in OS/classic
mode. Probably because i didn't know...
Where do i find info about this checkprocedure using FileXtra3?

BUT, just before hiting the send button of this mail, just came across
another problem:
According to Sherlock, there is no "uiHelper" on the systemdisk (not
even on the computer)....  might be because i run a dutch OSX
Do you know another one running on Classicmode only?
i think this is, anyway the right way to define if classicmode is true
or not. thank you for poniting me this smart solution.
go to apple site now to see what i can fish out...

Fabrice

Howdy-Tzi heeft op woensdag 2 oktober 2002 om 09:04 het volgende
geschreven: