> can I include a copyright symbol or a *TM*
> within the text of a dialog box?

Yes, just include it within a #label's value:

ipl = oDialog.GetItemPropList()
ipl.type = #label
ipl.value = "This link® will take you© to statefarm.com."

After a few dialogs in #pixel mode, I got bored with specifying locs for
each widget and settled on #data mode unless really necessary. That's why I
positioned the buttons on the right side of yesterday's dialog. But the way
you've done it is better; it's what you wanted in the first place, and if
you don't mind #pixel mode, it does allow far more control over placement.

Regards,
Rob W