On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 11:12 AM, John Silva wrote:

> It's the last time i will ask something before trying it out,
> but i have no time for playing around with possibilities,
> as the project should be finished soon ...

Well, you are going to have to play around with possibilities. Sorry.
Sometimes that is the natuire of writing code.

> When i use the "repeat while" Director will not accept
> any other action, now my question ist, if i can solve this
> problem by calling up a new object which will do the
> action just on exitframe, so i'll not have to deal with a repeat ...

What is it you are trying to do specifically? You can set a flag,, for
instance, that update something on a frameloop. An example might be:

   PROPERTY pbCounting, pnCounter

   on beginSprite me
     pbCounting = FALSE
     pnCounter = 0
   END beginSprite

   on exitFrame me
     if pnCounter = 0 and pbCounting = FALSE then
       pbCounting = TRUE
     end if
     if pbnCounting = TRUE then
       pnCounter = pnCounter + 1
     end if
     if pnCounter > 50 then
       pbCounting = FALSE
     end if
     go the frame
   END exitFrame

The idea is that when the frame script initializes, the counter is set
to 0 and the counting flag is set to false. Then, on exitFrame, this
one-time-only special condition is met, and the counting flag is set to
true. Thereafter, the counter is incremented. Finally, if the counter
is more than 50, the flag is set to false again (and thus counting
stops once more).

This would be one way to get something to repeat 50 times without
halting screen updates.

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting
        Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide
                    Published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill
        http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/0072195622.html