>> What's the best way to try and make your movie play at the same speed
>> across
>> different speeds of computer?

Best way? Always debatable.

Colin wrote:

> If you're talking about an animation sequence, you could do something
> like this:
>
> on exitframe
>      go label("first frame") + (the timer)*.5
> end
>
> That will make the animation play at 30 FPS on faster machines, and
> slower machines will skip frames to keep up.

(That's cool Colin, I never thought of that for score-based stuff)

Another approach is to ditch frames, and just go time-based,
substituting a timeout object for the usual frame events. Of course,
that could mean ditching the score as well, and driving your boat via
lingo. I tend to do it all via lingo, substituting frame transitions for
imaging lingo transitions, and frames for timeouts. Some say I'm crazy.
That's the beauty of Dir, though - you can do it one way or the other,
or come up with a nicely blended version.

dos centavos,
Kurt