At 04:22 p.m. 17/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
two questions.

I saw two different registration commands.
ba register(i think)( I am on a seperate machine).
baSaveRegistration(userName,registration number)

Before I use Buddy API Do I need in the prepare movie to say

gBuddyXtra = new(xtra"budapi")
No, you don't need to instantiate this xtra before using it - it's command set is registered with your projector/authoring environment on startUp and methods are available from that point.

Somewhere on Gary's site there is/was a registration utility that saved the info *into* the xtra so that registering it every time becomes unnecessary. Just drop the xtra into the Xtras folder and off you go.
http://svc211.bne115v.server-web.com/budapi/download/bareg.zip

-Sean.