From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:lingo-l-admin@;mail4.fcgnetworks.net]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 5:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> read/write

Well if you're in control of the type of database, I usually create
proplists and save them via the wonderful pimz.com xtra propsave.

Or you could use filextra3 (freebie) to save to text files. Or even
getPref/setPref.

First off you've got to figure out what you mean by database; if you mean
a 'real' database such as access, sql or mysql then you'll either need 1)
a real database xtra or 2) a middleware programming translator like php or
asp to save/get from the db.

BUT, if all you really need is a way to save information that nothing
other than you're director app is going to be getting/setting then you
have so many options your head should swim.

Text files, filextra, etc. for dealing with strings, but again, I really
really really love (thanks Pim!) the propsave xtra - free, crossplatform
and it saves all your proplist fun.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is
for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]