Just a quick question. I want to play MPEG1 files on a MAC as I have
limited space.
Not addressing your question, but that is strange argument. If space is of concern, Sorenson would yield better quality/size ratio.

I have a hunch that Tabuleiro is working on a Xplat Xtra. May be worth checking out.
Will it play Sorenson movies without QuickTime being installed on the PC?

Just a word of warning! If you're aiming at cross platform it might be a good idea to avoid Sorensson.

I (and some other people I've been talking to) am experiencing problems playing Sorenson files on Win/ Quicktime 5 & 6. I get stuttering sound or stuttering video, different problems on different machines.

I think I will have to render it as "Motion JPEG 2" to get it to work (?) The files do, however, play very smoothly on Mac.

-A.