Well, if it's only in authoring mode, you could use our CastLink Xtra, which allows you to link casts on the fly. Normally meant for loading casts in at runtime, but you can try it in authoring mode for free. Since you're ONLY using it in authoring mode, then it wouldn't cost you anything! Get it at http://www.penworks.com/xtras