Works. You can even animate it.
To be fair, how successful the animation is may depend on your video board or OS. When I've tried that on a Mac under OS 9, the window flickers noticeably. I suspect (I haven't tried it) that the same projector running under Classic would not flicker (because of the way OS X buffers things). I have seen animated MIAW's on PCs that did not flicker.