On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 15:57:15 -0500, Tab Julius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HOWEVER, they are regenerated every time you restart Director.  So, if you
> have changed all your code to say #English, then exit Director, come back
> in, and you should now see it come up as #English.

Mac users might be interested in a freeware Xtra which dumps the symbol table

<http://www.pimz.com/xtras/index.htm>

As well as discovering how many junk symbols your movie is dragging around with it
(for example if you temporarily/accidentally link a cast full of scripts to your
movie, all the handler names will get added to the symbol table), this is especially
useful for finding undocumented Lingo commands.

I believe I was the first to discover 'the commandLine' property, thanks to this
trick. There are a bunch of other undocumented symbols in there. Most of them seem to
be duds, obsolete/deprecated terms or reserved for future developments, but there may
still be secrets to be prized out.

Brennan