I don't either understand why using long file-names and long directory
navigations... such things are said just to AVOID THEM !
As if it well being an easy making if having titles of books or whatever, but
if your stacking up stuff or items, objects you sooner or later run into -
probleeamas, as I can see now.
Root-handle as much as possible, and give shorter initial namings folowing
first letters of words or so...index numberings. Whatever.
Long namings and Mac-file systems are convenient, but PC-folks are well
tortured in this matter in shorter filenamings 8-character long pre-history.
And we've survived it...

> At 03:41 AM 11/30/02, Brad Hile wrote:
> >Just wondering if someone can add a new perspective to a problem.
> >I am developing for a win system and using fileio.
> >Currently fileIO has a problem with paths over 126 chars so I use
> BuddyAPI's
> >baShortfilename to truncate the path.
> >All good so far, but now the problem arises.
> >The baShortFileName only returns a truncated name from a file that
> already
> >exists and I'm currently using the create method of the xtra.
> >Therefore I can't create the file because I can't trucate the path and
> >can't truncate the path because I can't create the file! (oooh my head
> >hurts)
> >Any other (inbuilt/free) Xtras  that create files or truncate filenames
> >available?
> >Any way of truncating the filename using lingo so that Windows can read
> it?

FREE E-MAIL IN 1 MINUTE!
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.pc.nu