I guess Kerry T. has a number of times been the experts in text fonts of Greek
fontings.
And it must be well a number seen past times, stored probably in Direct-L and
this mailing list in summaries somewhere seen...
I suggest a go hunting Internet-trip for that at least for the older Director
versions.
(Had me yesterday night an alike bug in D7 with fonts in calling in handlers
scripts not dealing with other characters as them extra-Swedish letters å, ä
and the ö. If those letters are handled and seen in this mailing list treat of
texts. Also having probs with fonts in fields as getting default font creating
a different looking approach and even having an irritation buggy line-ending
that mess with carriage+Return asci code characters in giving problems going
from authoring to runtime. Must be sharing it with M to change it in coming
versions. It's too old and akward working for coming E-book and E-paper working
authors).

 erik verschueren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi all,
>
> i posted a few days ago the question about the greek character
> display in director.
> After trying all kinds of possible approaches , i found none of them
> worked for me. It IS in fact a problem.
>
> Now .. I was wondering : Does anybody know if the MX version of director
> will support UTF-8 .. or different codepages than the traditional
> ISO-8859-1
> It would make the difference between choosing director as the preffered
> development
> platform (my choice , if not for the greek) or making a cd-rom in HTML,
> which is visually
> lessinteresting but HTML supports UTF-8 ..
>
> If anyone else got a "halleluja"-clue for me, please let me know , it's
> important (aargh).
> thanx .

FREE E-MAIL IN 1 MINUTE!
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.pc.nu