Robert Tweed wrote:
> The trouble with dynamic puppets (and the big reason they are still
> undocumented) is that Director sets different sprite properties
> depending on
> the type of the member. With dynamic puppets, it does not know
> what type the
> member is, so type specific properties tend not to work.

I may be completely off track here but could you use an initialising script
on the flash sprite to force the update or in fact to control the sprites
member - something like:

WARNING: off the top of my head email lingo

puppetMember=member("flashMember",1)
 puppetsprite i, true
      x = script("Flashcontroller").new()  --- create a new script instance
and attach to the puppetsprite
      sprite(i).scriptInstanceList.add(x)
      -- send the puppet it's spriteNum & membername as a false beginsprite
      sendsprite(i, #hBeginPuppetSprite, i,puppetMember)
-- (hBeginPuppetSprite would need to set the sprites properties)

      sprite(i).member=puppetMember
       sprite(i).member.type=sprite(i).member.type
--You could then set your Flash specific stuff
 -- hard coded way  -> setVariable(i, "variableName", newValue)
or put this in the "Flashcontroller" script and call the behavour like
sendsprite(i,#SetVars,  "variableName", newValue)
--
Another option could be a controller parent with similiar code to the
behaviour then just do a new instance of the parent for each sprite

Hope this helps more than it confuses - I got a little carried away :0)
Brad