You can just do:

put getAt(pMyList, pMyProperty)
-- [2, 2, 2]

Be careful mixing strings and symbols - it doesn't work with special characters, including spaces.

If they're all symbols, use symbols (it'll be faster anyway).

If they're all strings, use strings. Strings can be properties too, as in:

pMyList =["not the one":[1,1,1], "this one":[2, 2, 2], "I love Lingo":[3,3,3]]

- Tab