Hi Kurt

I know I'm coming in late on this thread, but if you're doing a text based
cascading menu then why not use a single text member.  Here's a rough
example of what I mean based on something from an old project.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~johnjaq/h_menu_demo/

There are three sprites - the menu, the box & the line.  The menu is parsed
from an xml format #field.  the text member formatting is highly
customisable.  Doing a shadow would be easy.

hth

johnAq

on 20/12/02 2:18 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at