Will or does the MX version handle flash with a
bit more ease than in previous versions.

So, I have found that when using more and more flash
elements though out my presentations the quality in performance does in
fact grow to be less and less.
Macromedia have tightened and extended the connection between Flash and Director in MX. You have, for example, pretty much full access to ActionScript, even without having a Flash sprite on stage.

I don't think it's going to run much faster, though. The problem always has been, and still is, that Director launches an instance of the Flash Asset Xtra for every Flash sprite. Twenty Flash sprites, 20 instances of the Xtra gobbling up memory, CPU cycles, and resources.

There are a few ways of optimizing, if you need a lot of Flash sprites.
- Make the sprites DTS when possible
- Make the sprites static (in the score, not with Lingo) until they're needed
- Set the idleHandlerPeriod to 0
- Don't make the Flash sprites run in lockstep with Director
- If you can, slow the Director frame rate way down--say, 2-4 fps

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson