At 00:09 08.01.2003 +0100, I wrote:
At 15:59 07.01.2003 -0500, Mendelsohn, Michael wrote:

In the buddyAPI method, baFileExists("c:\thisIsThePath.doc"), are there any
circumstances where the path has to be case sensitive?
Your example is win-based, I'd say: no for that environment.
may be cygwin offers an option to act anal about case. Then again, setting up cygwin and director apps to play together is geekish enough to expect that whoever tries it would care for himself.

in other news: I've seen much hatred and sorrow after using SPACE or 8-bit-chars in path/filenames

dp