[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi. I'm currently trying to use Lingo to recreate this interactive piece that I
>found on the internet a while ago -
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/digital/yourwork/a_anthony.shtml
>
> Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone could help me with creating this, any example code
>or files would be greatly appreciated (and I'll be forever in your debt!). So far, my
>attempts have been fairly unsuccessful.

I've got a start at it here:
http://lumpymuffins.home.attbi.com/squares/sensitiveSquares.html

I didn't deal with sound.  You could write an object to keep track of the sounds or
you could kick a global around to keep track of which channel has the oldest sound in
it, either to interrupt or to see if it's done. Eight sounds should be more than
enough to play at one time.

--
Carl West   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://eisen.home.attbi.com

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be stolen out
of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

           - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1