At 21:09 11.01.2003 +0100, you wrote:
Hi List!

When I delete a file on my harddisk (win2k) with baDeleteFile, the windows
explorer shows me that the file no longer exists.
However, when I use Lingo's getNthFileNameInFolder-command (Dir 8.5.1), its
file name is still retrieved as if it existed. And that even after stopping
and restarting the movie. What can I do that getNthFileNameInFolder doesn't
see the deleted file anymore?

Don't use getNthFilenameInFolder() ?
Last time I checked, baFileList( aFolderPath,aMask ) was about an order of magnitude faster than getNthFilenameInFolder()

best regards
daniel plaenitz