>From: "David Burgoyne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: <lingo-l> Basic ?
>Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:05:54 -0000

>Best way to do this is not to use a repeat loop as nothing will update
>while its running (I think)
>
>put loop stuff in enter/exitframe handler and use some form of counter
>to drive it

Agree in full...David.
Repeaters' are locking stuff, pretty hard to get out of ..for the first
mentioning to be said.
And is of no good - when using in multiple animations -.

Solution as menitioned by David here written, is as I've used for several in
the same time running animations, using 'the time'.
Say you put the time into a field, just for watching it run along with the
animations.
And then, setting the animations towards aiming some of the specific digits
running. That is up to decide in what frequence the pictures shall drop in
forwarding the series of bitmap pictures.
One can do it on specific number per second characters (using the long time
hh:mm:ss), or by higher numbers of second in 2digits...and so on.
The learning in taking out charaters is needed, look up lingo syntax: 'chars'
and play with it for a while.
Next syntax would be to sum all your characters in 'the number of chars..', for
counting in how many charaters involved in a field. This to actually get that
specific digit number x.

With this trick, you never get any probs if the CPU:s gets faster made in the
future, the time-ticker is the same...allways. And the animations will follow
same speed as allways....not any 'Charlie Chaplin'-animations.
And the benefit also mentioned, is the possibility to toss in more stuff that
is needed in the director movie..

FREE E-MAIL IN 1 MINUTE!
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.pc.nu