At 14.49 +0100 03-01-21, Michael von Aichberger wrote:
 'Massage' the 24-bit image first, thinking out loud:
 Make another image object the same size that is some appropriate shade of
grey
 Copy the second image onto the first using an appropriate ink (probably
blend, lighten or darken)
 Copy the resulting image into a 1-bit image
Hi Carl,

thanks for your answer, I have played a lot with these inks, but I just
don't get it.
If you or someone else could be a little more specific, I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks anyway.

Michael

The idea is: If you make the whole image sarker before copying it to a 1-bit image object, a greater number of the pixels will be considered darker than the 50% gray threshold.

1) Take your original image, put it in an image object
2) Make a new img obj of the same size
3) Use fill() to draw a black, filled rect in the new img obj
4) Copy the new img obj onto the original img, using copypixels() and #blend = 30% (for example)
5) Stuff the new darkened image inside a 1-bit img obj
6) Assign img obj to a member

-A.