From: "universal2001" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:45:22 +1000
>Subject: <lingo-l> Convertion

>I'm trying to convert list to string and vice a versa so that I can store
>all words/ data permanently on a text member, what's the syntax?
>
>lista=list("sat","dua")
>member(1).text = string(lista)
>listb=list(member(1).text)
>
>but when I tried "put listb" this returns
>-- ["["sat", "dua"]"]
>
>How do i get rid of the "[" and "]" ? so that I can put it
>back to a list.

Maybe a character-cleaner would be propriate at first:

Set the number of chars of lista
set i = lista -- test it first so you really see it showing characters by 'put'
'Repeat with i = 1 to vEndingChar'
---here do the actual ripping off any character unwanted or replacing them with
something else, by looking up ASCII-codes.Find one or make one through Lingo
syntaxes...a tool for keys you punch in.

'end repeat'

Fairly generally said...

                                                       See ya !

FREE E-MAIL IN 1 MINUTE!