[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If I create a script object -- you know, the whole 'me' thang - would  the
> object receive a 'stopmovie' call?

A quick test says no.

The movie script 'on stopMovie' would have to call the object's 'stopMovie' handler.
Or more manageable: it calls the 'stopMovie' in an object that's been kept apprised of
the births of the objects...

in the Objects' parent scripts:

global Census -- the instance of the tracking object

on new me
Census.newBirth(me)
end

on stopMovie me
  Yadda Yadda
end

in the Census object:

property censusList
on new me
  censusList =[]
end

on newbirth me, newbornName
  censusList.add(newbornName)
end

on stopMovie me
  repeat with x = 1 to censuslist.count
    censusList[x].stopmovie()
  end repeat
end

in the moviescript:

on stopMovie
  Census.stopMovie()
end

Seat of the pants code. Untested. Good luck. Many possible error conditions not tested
or accounted for.
--
Carl West   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://eisen.home.attbi.com

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be stolen out
of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.
           - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1
-