you mean computers aren't magic?

Kevin McFarland wrote:

<<Sometimes updateStage() helps, even if it shouldn't be needed.>>

It's over-used. Whenever I come across code with updateStage commands sprinkled liberally throughout, I become less sure that the author really understood how director works (event messaging, hierarchy etc).

Now having said that, yes, every once in a blue moon there might be those oddball situations where it helps. But in general, IMO it's oftentimes used as a hedge for ignorance. [To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]

--

*m u t a n t m e d i a* > /solutions for success // // / *Evan Adelman* | 917.916.7378 | 598 Broadway NY NY 10012 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | www.mutantmedia.com <http://www.mutantmedia.com>