contains the entered term.

Now I've come up with two ways I can acheive this, and the prototypes work
fine, but both have their problems:

#1 A list of terms with associated frame references contained in a central
data store (a field member in this case) and basically looping through each
line until the search term is found and getting the frame reference ready
for a navigation jump (wildcards and partial matches will be added later).
The problem with this is that it'll take FOREVER to enter all approx 16,000
terms which in turn will make the search loop a bit on the slow side.

#2 A list of page references containing the first and last words of each
page (basically specifying a range to check the search term against) and
then looping through these testing to see which range our search term falls
into. Now this approach is a lot tighter and faster (approx 80 items instead
of 16,000) but has no way of checking to see if the search term specifically
exists - it's just testing to see in which range the component letters will
fall.

So, I look to you all for any other ideas or concepts. Given the size of the
book she's converting, I'd rather like to avoid me or her typing in all
16,000+ terms, but without a definitive list of what's contained in the book
I can't see how to test if the search term would exist or not.

Hope this makes sense!

TIA
Ross