On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 14:14 America/Chicago, Luiz Gustavo Castelan Póvoas wrote:

I found this posting this morning on Monster.
It's looking for a Director programmer in Northern California.

Before you all rush, it's $15-20 per hour, 10-20 hours per week.

Is it bad at all??

The hourly wage at its lower extremity is about half what a good Director hacker's time is worth (ideally). US$20 isn't ghastly, but NoCal is not a cheap place to live. In fact most of California is outrageously expensive. A part time position at the rate given is not enough to sustain one comfortably there, and would be hard to live on just about anywhere else in the US either, especially if one has a family and/or debt load typical of the US consumer prior to the stock market foldup in 2000.

sad that it requires to be elegible to work in the states thou....

There've been times recently when I've been tempted to move to India, since the job market there is a flaming hell of a lot better, and their power grid's really no worse than our own. Besides, I've always been partial to pappadams. ;)

Warren Ockrassa | President, nightwares LLC [EMAIL PROTECTED] nightwares LLC | Consulting Programming http://www.nightwares.com/ Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide Chapter samples | http://www.nightwares.com/director_beginners_guide/