> on mouseUp
> set gresult=""
>   set gresult = baGetFilename("select","","","",0,"Please select a
> file",false,-1,-1)
>  go(1)
> end
>
> then if a file below the movies directory is selected with
> baGetFilename then fileIO returns 'file already exists' this
> is what i can not understand. why should buddy api or mui
> xtra (as the same thing happens)cause fileIO to think the
> deleted file still exists, if you try it out and select files
> from other folders or cancel then the file is created and
> edeleted as expected but NOT if i select below the movie folder.

I think I understand your problem now. You should use FileXtra4 to
select a file name.

I believe that the Buddy baGetFileName actually selects a file, either
to save or to open. I don't remember a "select" option--I think the
options for the first parameter are "open" or "save."

The format for the Buddy call is:
baGetFilename( Operation, StartDir, Filename, Filter, Flags,
Instruction, NoFolders, X, Y )

and it returns the file you have selected. The key thing is that you
have selected that file, with the intent (from Buddy's point of view) of
either opening it, or saving it. That's why you're getting the file
already exists error, I think.

Use the fileXtra4 method. It just returns the file name, and doesn't
select the file.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson