onsdagen den 3 september 2003 kl 01.26 skrev Troy Rollins:

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 05:48 PM, Mathew Ray wrote:

There was just a lengthy discussion of this very topic on Direct-L.
Rather than me rehashing all the details, See the thread titled "CPU
usage on OSX":
http://listserv.uark.edu/archives/direct-l.html

Check out that thread. I started it, and the general consensus was that was the way Director is built to work. I'm not sure we have any means of changing its behavior, and it rules out using Director for any type of utility application which is meant to be run all of the time.

Especially on notebook computers, including Powerbooks.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.

I check the topic on Direct-L and be back if I find an solution. By the way, the Windows clients have notis
the 100% cpu usage and what shall I tell them?
- "Modern CPUs run HOT when idling at 100% continuousl" -

/ Tony