> To call the behavior attached to the Macromedia Flash sprite,
> use the following syntax:
>
> <ActionScript>
>       getURL("Event:myDirectorFunction, \"myParameter\"")
> </ActionScript>
>
> In Director, use:
> on myDirectorFunction me, param1
>       put "param1 = " & param1
> end myDirectorFunction

Mark, I've used this technique a lot, and I like it.

I have found that I sometimes need to run the Flash sprite in lock step
with the Director movie, especially if the Director movie is code-heavy.
We had crash bugs on one of my projects when the Flash sprite wasn't
lock step.

Admittedly, that project had a couple thousand lines of code, and up to
a couple dozen objects instantiated at any one time. Apparently, when
Flash calls the Director handler, it executes immediately, which can
have a disastrous effect if you have other code executing (especially if
the other code is in the object the Flash sprite calls).

Just something to watch for.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson