On Thursday, Sep 11, 2003, at 22:31 America/Chicago, biju george wrote:

But how can we protect the .avi / divx files. I think only .mov can support protected video.

You can't. At some point or another a dedicated cracker will make it past your security. The question is how much you're willing to make yourself suffer.

Best advice? Fuck it. If the client demands outrageous security, demand an outrageous price with the caveat it's still not ironclad protection. Else, don't worry about or bother with it. It's not worth your time.

Period.

(Full stop to you europeans.)

Warren Ockrassa | President, nightwares LLC [EMAIL PROTECTED] nightwares LLC | Consulting Programming http://www.nightwares.com/ Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide Chapter samples | http://www.nightwares.com/director_beginners_guide/