> Experiences with Xtras regarding checking/changing/restoring the screen
> resolution and color depth would be appericiated. Need for cross-platform
> compatibility.
>
> Am trying out ResolutionXtra from andradearts.com right now and it looks OK
> like it can do the job.

That will do it, and give you control over the OS X dock and menu bar as well.

Buddy is another option (you should have buddy anyway), and DirectOS does the
trick. I have one product where I use DirectOS to change resolution on the
Mac, and Buddy to change resolution on Windows. I forget exactly what the
issue was, but there was something Buddy couldn't do on the Mac.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson