Hi

I need your help in solving the image size problem.

My screen resolution is 800x600.

Iam using a machine interaction which covers say 70% of the screen, and the
remaining 30% is used for a control panel which is part of the machine. now
when the user click on any button in the control panel, corresponding action
is happening in the (70% of the screen) machine.

Now the problem is i cannot fit the control panel fully in the 30% of the
screen, so i allow the user to scroll using the mouse.

The control panel has totally 100 buttons where all are interactive. and
they have mouse over state.

Excluding the buttons, the background image of the control panel alone comes
to 300kb  (.dcr ) file size.

When the user scrolls the background image of control panel, all the 100
buttons should also scroll along with it.

HOw can i do this:

1.  Do I need to use all as seperate images

2. Can i do something with imaging lingo

3.  Can i use flash sprites with static property enabled. then it will be
101 flash sprites. won't it  slow down while dragging the sprite through
mouse.?

4. Is there any image format that can reduce my file size.

5.  If i use in external cast, is there a way to find out whether all
external casts linked with the movie has downloaded fully.

Kindly let me know as soon as possible as iam struck due to this in the
project and it is nearing deadline

Thank you

murali.s