> I'm still interested in how you're closing the MIAW with the Flash
sprite.
> It's a major issue.

Kerry, I think you are the one that told me how to handle the MIAW-close
issue in the first place :-) This is what I do and it seems to work:

//The Flash does this...
getURL("event: closeMIAWVideoWin");

// part of the framescript in the MIAW looks like this and gets the
flash event

global gCloseMiaw
on closeMIAWVideoWin me
  global gMIAWWindow
  tell the stage
    gCloseMiaw = TRUE
  end tell
end

// Part of framescript in main movie does this
if gCloseMiaw = TRUE then
    window(gMIAWName).close()
    window(gMIAWName).forget()
    gCloseMiaw  = FALSE
end if

//Kristian

> Are you familiar with the gotchas with MIAWs? You know, you can crash
> movie,
> or at least create a huge memory leak, if you don't close them right.
> Hint: a
> MIAW can't close itself (and, by extenstion, a sprite on a MIAW can't
> close
> the MIAW), and it can't tell the stage to close it, except indirectly.
>
> Glad to help if you'll post the code.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Kerry Thompson
> http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi  To post messages to the list,
email
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]).
Lingo-L