> If MACR is listening, that would be a nice bug fix for Director MX 2016.

We've been trying to get Macromedia to standardize dot-syntax usage for at
least three versions. Buzz and I even went to the effort of preparing a list
of missing/inconsistent dot syntax for them. I feel like I was saying "Please,
sir, may I have another bowl of porridge?"

I know, Tom, send it to the wish list. I have, as have others. But I think
we've given up because it never gets addressed.

It just hasn't become a priority. They have the time and resources to
essentially rewrite ActionScript, but they don't have time to address basic
issues in Director:
1. Consistent dot syntax
2. A real script editor
3. A real paint window
4. Add your own pet peeve(s)

And so on. I think we have to get used to life as second-class citizens.
Director made Macromedia what it is now, but Flash is the flavor of the day,
so Flash gets the resources.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson