Howdy-Tzi wrote:
That may not be the best plan. That error surfaces because there's something fundamentally wrong with the *code* trying to close or open the MIAW file. It makes more sense to track down the location of the code error (and this block a potential memory leak) than try to make the file readonly.

Sure, I agree fully with you in a dev environment. But when you're shipping a fairly large and complex app that may (likely) have edge case bugs and other things, I'd rather that the app didn't fail catastrophically for the user when it could continue to function.

If you have a very complex app using Director, do you have any advice on tracking down MIAW/parent script leaks? We have various LDMs, MIAWs, parent scripts, etc, with data being shared between all of them, and we have some leaks that are being very difficult to track down.

- Bruce