Hi Robin,

I haven't read the ones you listed, but I highly recommend:

Director Shockwave Studio - Developer's Guide
By James Newton

The book covers in depth two major subjects: Imaging Lingo and Director 3d.
The CD-Rom that comes with the book contains more then just the source code
for the chapters: There are ready-to-use behaviors and especially labs where
you can experiment and test out different settings.

Karina