On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 07:16 PM, Alex da Franca wrote:

At 10:57 Uhr +1300 14.10.2003, Sean Wilson wrote:

The thing I *always* miss with this function is that the file _must_ exist before you can obtain its shortName - at least this is the case with the Windows version. Perhaps this is your problem too - if the same requirement applies to OSX?

thank you Sean, but I tried it with existing files.
the docs say, that if I provide the short name, I will get the short name.

What happens when you do

put baShortFilename ( the applicationPath )

?

-- WthmO