From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Dowdell)
Date:  Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:27:57 -0700

>Don't forget to tell how much you'd pay in compensation.

Why should I ? This is a wishlist right ? A linux version of the shockwave player
would help sell more Director Licenses, and make shockwave developpers life easier
when trying to convince potential customers... then if MM thinks it should add to the
Director's licence cost I think it's up to MM to evaluate it.
Besides, I'm an active moderator on the main Director's french forum
(http://www.director-forum.net) : I promote Director/shockwave and help users/students
getting good with it because I think Director is great, and mostly because I hope that
by getting more people to use Director/produce quality content with it MM will pay
more attention to this product. I thought MM was a company listening to her
customers/user did I miss something ?

>Right now we're probably up to about a thousand dollars just from reading the
>flooding the wishlist is getting this week, and after that we can start saving for
>engineering....

Well they all say the same thing, just count them :)
Just kidding, but having linux users that WANT a shockwave player is great news to my
ears, even if I know a good number of them want it just because they hope it'll help
promote linux.

>(Note the Codeweavers reply in my blog, btw.)

I saw it, it's great news but it's only a workaround and I doubt a large number of
linux users will pay for it, MM shouldn't consider this as a solution.

please forgive any bad english

regards,

Matse
http://www.newtgames.ccom