Ok, this is the third time I've started to write out a Director/Flash object
complaint/strangeness/curseword.  Let's see if I finish this one before
testing and finding something completely different.

I'm at the point where I'm frustrated, frazzled and at that point in
language where you just wish there was some kind of telepathy device to get
across what I've been going through, and instead will probably write little
ambiguous sentences as if you know what the hell I'm talking about. You
know, like a  Morrissey song.

Ok, really simple bunch of tests I've been doing today with a Director movie
that has one flash sprite within it and on stage. The main bits of it are
this:

In flash there's a flash listbox -- one I found on the net somewhere,
basically it's one main MC ('Items') that, depending on what text is sent in
to one of it's functions (AddItem(theText)) it will dup a placeholder/blank
movieclip and set it's .Caption (one dynamic text item with the variable
'Caption') to the text sent in.

Simple, right? So you send it 10 in a row, it outputs 10 texts in a list.

Ok, so I wanted to use this in Director as a test for creating little flash
control panels for an app I'm building rather than a multitude of OS Control
items.

So I thought I'd create a global object (still in flash) with it's own
functions to the listbox/mc functions sort of as a router/controller from
Director, in that I could then create a variable in Director as a direct
pointer to this object and call it's functions (ie
'DirectorObjectPointer.addItem("This new text") to toss the text to the
flash object and then to the listbox).

Well it's got to be magic I've decided. Nothing else can be at work here.

Up to about 20 mins ago this has _almost_ been functioning the correct way.
There's been slight weirdnessess that I was working through, but generally
it was populating a new submovieclip with the correct text by going through
the object router.

Now out of nowhere it's not functioning and well, can't figure out why. More
to the point though it really seems like the way these Flash Objects work
are sort of not stable. Much like myself.