Many thanks to those who responded to my question about scrolling a certain word into view in a text member. Member.charPosToLoc() and of course Member.scrollTop is what I needed.

Now a related question: what's the best way to highlight a chunk of text in a text member? Color doesn't work for me because I want to keep useHypertextStyles, and the links will not change their color. Changing font size for a chunk makes the whole text jump and doesn't look right. I can't find a way to change the background for a chunk of text in a text member. Fields are great because you can use hihlite(), but what do people use in text members for the same purpose as hilite() in a field member?

Thanks,

Slava