Hi,

I once tried to do that same thing, but I couldn't find an activeX component to do that.
Instead I searched some open source project sites and I found cdrtools:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cdrecord/?topic_id=257%2C19%2C845%2C118%2C139
take a look, it involves much DIY but I managed to get a CD burned from the windows
command line, so maybe it can also be triggered from within Director.

Peace,
--
Tom van Gemert - Multimedia developer
Trimedia Interactive Projects