Hi Alex,

I have done something like this last year. I used maps of different size (10%, 25%, 50% and 100%) and allowed the user to "zoom" in. With this approach, like Diego says, you must harvest all marker positions and transform their coordinates and size when going from one map to another. Just make sure all marker positions are made relative to the map as a reference, of course, and not the stage. Overall this means a few tricks to implement, but it works quite well.

Denis

On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 12:01 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Message: 1
From: "Diego Landro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> Any idea?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:08:51 -0300

Well, never done anything of the sort, but here are some ideas.
For the zoom option map the best way would be to use a big image and resize
it as you use the zoom in-out tool, but that way maybe the image is too big
and the app would slow down a lot because of the big image. If this happens
i guess your best shot would be to use different images for different
degrees of zooming, and you should be careful enough to register these
variations between maps so you can then adjust your coordinates for object
displaying and placing (example: if you use a 100% and a 50% map, then in
the 50% map you should display your objects at object.size/2)
for making n-markers (if i understand quite right what youre trying to do)
your best possibility is to use lists (marker=[m1,m2,m3...]) if youre not
familiar with lists check the lingo dictionary, is quite simple (again, i
don´t know if i understood right what you´re trying to do, i guess it´s that
you have one set of variables and you want to use many sets and not just
one, then lists is the way to go)
Diego Landro